Most of you may be familiar with the term Google+, but a lot of people misunderstandings about Google+. We are posting this article inorder to clarify this misunderstanding. Actually it is really Google’s value added contribution to its already dominating search. But one thing you should remember is that there is a social networking aspect to Google+. The real value to this is its groundwork for an enhanced level of search quality.
It is a social networking service from Google. The project is currently in limited release, and you must receive an invitation from Google or another Google+ member in order to join. The idea is pretty similar to other social networking services, but Google attempts to differentiate it by allowing more transparency in who you share with and how you interact. It integrates all Google services and displays a new Google+ menu bar on other Google services when you’re logged into a Google account. It will make use of the Google search engine, existing Google Profiles, and the +1 button. It’s new components include Circles, Huddle, Hangouts, and Sparks.
Huddle is the group chats for phones. Rather individually sending SMS messages, Huddle can pool them together to make a group chat which is private to outside viewers, unlike Twitter.
Hangouts are just video chat and instant messaging. The point Google+ seems to be making is that you don’t always want to be available for chat, so when you step into a “hangout,” you’re signaling your availability. Hangouts also allow group chats with text or video for up to ten users. This is also not a feature unique to Google+, but the implementation is easier to use. Hangout use is only available on the Web version of Google + currently and requires you to install a browser plugin.
Sparks is a suggestion engine that finds interesting Web items based on your interests. You can pick from categories of interest and share items you find with others in your stream.
Google + and business
It has positioned itself nicely to challenge Facebook as a primary social network for business. Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and over 925,000 people join Google+ each day! Mix together all of the functionality of your Google account, and big search engine benefits; you’ve got something we can get serious about. We can use certain aspects of this to promote a business. Some of the strategies for using Google+ page are mentioned here:
- Your Google+ profile should be complete. Do this with a little thought. Use compelling photos and images, and link to your other social media profiles.
- List your local contact information’s, your contact information, and also maps and directions.
- Keep a link to your blog or site. This will result in added traffic and a great link.
- Create a business page. This has direct benefits for search engine results as well as for people that find you on Google+.
- Link out to your blog posts. In addition to getting them indexed nearly instantly, this also has a number of SEO advantages. You can even use your Google+ page for making posts, complete with multimedia that can link to your pages elsewhere. The possibilities are incredible.
- Utilize the Direct Connect feature. This Google+ tool permits people you to add circles once they come across you in search. It’s somewhat similar to a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts. When you hold a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and supplies you with the recording via email. You can then upload to YouTube if you wish, or use it on your site or in private.