seo or ppc
Which Form of Marketing is More Effective- SEO or PPC? This is a question that online marketers have to decide for their business success. You may be familiar with SEO or Search Engine Optimization. By doing SEO, search engines like Google will find your website through relevant keyword searches. Many website development companies in India build or re-design your existing website according to the search term or keyword you want to have your website related to.
The main challenge with SEO is competition. Many companies are trying to get ranked high on search engines at the same time, sometimes using the same keywords! For example, if you own a website development company in India,you may use the keywords like WEB INDIA SOLUTIONS, WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT IN INDIA etc. Another company may prefer the same keyword. So, you will have to constantly check your page ranking. If you have enough experience in SEO, you can create a search engine friendly website by yourself.The best idea is to build your website content rich so that the search engine spiders can find your website and rank it high for the key word or phrase you are targeting.
The most important part of SEO is to keep your website updated with content on a regular basis. Blogging is an effective way to keep your website in a higher position with fresh and new content. You can either write your own articles or find other online services through which you can find professional bloggers or writers who will write on topics based on your choice.Another well known option is to use PPC- Pay per Click. The PPC advertising of Google is known as Google Adwords. Pay per Click advertising is the practice of placing paid ads along relevant website and search engine content. Unlike traditional ads, they only cost advertisers money if they are clicked. Depending on how competitive your keywords are and what you’re advertising, a single click can cost you anywhere from a few cents to upwards of $60.
So, how to choose the right and effective way for Search Engine Marketing?? Outbound
marketing is almost dead now. It is the time of Inbound marketing. Instead of going behind your target customers, let the customers find out you. The above discussed two ways are examples of Inbound marketing when it comes to Internet marketing or Search Engine Marketing. Before deciding which one is beneficial to your website, let us see some advantages and disadvantages of both. Through this post, I am trying to help you to opt the right one for your business- i.e. whether to choose SEO or PPC, or whether you have to split your time for both.
Advantages of SEO:
1. If you have got a first-page rank for a keyword relevant to your business, you’re going to get a constant stream of high-quality, unpaid traffic. We can undoubtedly say that if you go on with your SEO efforts, this first-page result will be almost permanent.
2. You never have to pay a cent for a visitor who comes to your site through an organic search.
3. People trust organic results more than advertisements. If they find your website naturally through search results, they are going to trust you more.
4. Builds up your online brand.
The Disadvantages of SEO:
1. It is not a fast process and might take months or years to show up on first page rankings. You might NEVER get first-page rankings if your keywords are too competitive. If you are looking forward to get customers and revenues quickly, SEO cannot be considered as a good strategy.
2. Ranking well for competitive keywords requires a great effort. You have to create massive amounts of content, optimize your site, and constantly work to gain inbound, high-quality links.
Disadvantages of PPC Advertising:
1. PPC is short term. If you run a PPC ad campaign, the inbound traffic you get vanishes the second that you stop paying for them.
2. Depending on what you’re advertising for, a PPC campaign can cost you thousands of dollars a year.
3. It doesn’t build your brand. It’s expensive, short-term, and
Advantages of PPC Marketing:
1. If you make a PPC campaign, instantly your product is in front of people. If you need customers fast, PPC is the best option!
2. PPC is extremely customizable and flexible than SEO.
Yes, you are a bit confused now. Both are having advantages as well as disadvantages. So, you have to go with the right option that suits your business strategies.SEO is the best option if you’re trying to build long-term web presence and you have enough
options to get inbound links. Your product doesn’t have fierce online competition. But, at the same time, if you want the target customers very quickly, PPC is the right solution. Also, if you sell a product with high profit margins, you can go with PPC. Some other
situations where you have to prefer PPC to SEO are:
- You have limited web development resources at your disposal, and need to tweak and test things by yourself.
- You’re short-staffed.
- You’re trying to sell something that already has a lot of well-established, entrenched competition.