Ambient Intelligence is useful?
Do you know what an Ambient Intelligence is and how is it useful. As a matter of fact It is an emerging principle that brings intelligence to our every-day environments. And makes those environments sensitive to us. Also It’s a network of hidden intelligent interfaces that detects our presence. And mould the environment to our immediate desires.
In fact Ambient Intelligence (AmI) refers to an exciting new paradigm in information technology. In which individuals are authorized through a digital atmosphere that’s responsive to their presence. And context and is sensitive, adaptive and aware of their habits, needs, emotions and gestures. The key issue of AmI is that the presence of intelligence.
Ambient Intelligence is based on the three key technologies:
- Ubiquitous communication: This permits these objects to communicate with each other and with the user.
- Ubiquitous computing: This implies that the integration of microprocessors into day-to-day objects like clothes, toys or furniture.
- Intelligent User Interface: Also this allows the user of the AmI to control and interact with the environment in a personalized and natural way.
Making AmI real is not a simple task:
Because it usually takes place with a new technology, shortly after high-flying visions we are demonstrated with the first items of hardware for the intelligent environment. However, creating a door knob able to compute and communicate doesn’t create it intelligent: the key (and challenge) to actually adding wit to the environment lies in the manner how the system learns and keeps up to date with the requirements of the user by itself.
An important fact of AmI has to do with interaction. On one side there’s a motivation to limit the human-computer interaction because the system is meant to use its intelligence to infer situations and user needs from the recorded activities, because if a passive human assistant was observing activities unfold with the expectation to assist when needed.
On the other side, a diversity of users may have or voluntarily ask for direct interaction with the system to show preferences and needs. Moreover the whole environment around us, homes and offices, cars and cities, can collectively develop a pervasive network of intelligent devices that may cooperatively collect, process and transport information.
Moreover the advantage of an AmI system is measured by how much will give to individuals by minimizing explicit interaction. In fact The aim is to enrich specific places (a space, a building, a car, a street) with computing facilities which may react to people’s needs and provide help.
In order for AmI to become a reality, varieties of key technologies are required:
- Human-centric computer interfaces
- Secure and dependable devices and systems
- Unobtrusive hardware
- Seamless fixed/mobile communication and computing facilities
- Massively distributed and dynamic device networks that are easy to program and control.