“Go and get a dedicated server” You may have heard this advice from your technical advisor or from the programmer. It is difficult task to find a solution to this question. We will help you to sort out a solution to this technical issue.
What is a Dedicated Server?
A server is simply a computer that does not do anything else but supply and store information for other computers. If you have an e-commerce site, or you have a lot of important information that you want to keep safe and secure, you should be looking at the best dedicated servers’ provider. Normally, when you register for a website, your website would be hosted on what is called a shared server. This means your website and information are stored on a computer that is used by many other customers of that provider. In the case of a dedicated server, you have your own whole computer and network connection.
Dedicated server advantages
• If someone else’s website gets a lot of traffic, and your website and database are on the same server, your website will start to slow down. You cannot have this happening if your website and database are crucial to your business operations. With a dedicated server, you have the one whole computer to yourself, and there will be no influence on your traffic from outside sources.
• Information on shared servers is never as secure as dedicated server. There are multiple accounts and multiple users. Do you really want your important company information on a computer that is also being used by other people?
• Just like any other server, your dedicated server will be stored in a very secure location. This is much better than having a server in your own office, for example. It would be possible to run your own e-commerce site from your own office, but you would need the technical know-how and computer support to manage your own server. Normally, that will require outsourcing it services or employing your own team.
• Dedicated server will obviously cost a considerable amount more than a standard server. If your e-commerce site is growing, for example, having a smooth, fast and reliable website will mean more money. Investment in a dedicated server is an investment into your revenue stream.
What happens when your website grows?
With a shared server, you will have to keep buying extra space. With a dedicated server, you have the whole computer, and this means it is just about impossible to run out of space
• Dedicated server normally comes with a range of services, such as back-up, security and support. If your information is on a computer provided by a normal shared server supplier, you cannot expect the same service. Do not expect the computer support with shared servers to match the response times of that provided by your dedicated server company. Dedicated also means the company should be dedicated to you, and not just the fact you have your own server.
Difference between Dedicated Server and Shared Hosting?
The main thing you get is root access. This lets you have full administrative access to your server, and all aspects of that server. You have full access to permissions, you can install software, and you can configure firewalls. There really is no material difference between what you can do on a Dedicated Server and what you can do on a computer sitting in front of you at home. Moreover With Shared Hosting, you are limited to whatever rights the server owner grants you, and you are limited to whatever performance is left over from all the other people sharing the server.
Difference between dedicated server and cloud server?
Cloud Servers can be scaled up and down with minimal fuss, using software only. You can increase or decrease RAM, Hard Drive space and even CPU power all dynamically using a software interface. Dedicated Servers require fussing with hardware to scale them up or down. Also This being said, Cloud Servers are at the mercy of their hypervisor and the hardware platform they’re running on. They almost never perform as well as dedicated servers. They can’t — they’re a process that’s sharing a computer with others; whereas the Dedicated Server is a totally self-contained computer sharing nothing with anyone.