Difference Between a Web Design and Web Development
Do you know what the difference between a web design and web development is? Most of us use web development and web design interchangeably. But actually they have different meaning. Web design is the method of creating the feel, branding and design of a website. This could be seen as auto body work. Web development deals with the programming of your website. This could be similar to building the engine of an automobile.
Web design concerns with that part of the website that the customer usually uses. A web designer is responsible for making a website more attractive and he knows how the clients would interact with the website. A good web designer knows how to coordinate the principles of design to make a website great. A web designer uses his creative ideas and experience to make the website more attractive. Also a web designer knows the colors, fonts, images and page layouts that have to be used to make a website attractive.
Web development is the main part of a website. It consists of the interactions and programming that are done on a website page. Web developers know how to program CGI and scripts like PHP. The web developer knows how the website will work and how the clients get things done on it. They are also responsible for making the website running effectively and make the website friendlier.
Visual Aspects of Promoting
In essence, a web-designer understands and appreciates type and color theory, the visual aspects of promoting, and what drives someone to react to visual stimulation. Basically, they understand what looks good, and know how to visually enhance your web site. However, what’s visually appealing isn’t always the most economical and stable means to communicate a message effectively, this is often where a web-developer steps in.
Web designers may use many basic design principles to attain an aesthetically pleasing layout that also offers wonderful user experience.
Now let us have a look at these basic principles.
- Balance: It’s necessary for web designers to make a balanced layout. In web design we tend to refer to heavy (large and dark colors) and light (small and lighter colors) components. Using the right proportion of each is critical to achieving a balanced web site design.
- Contrast: In color theory, different are area unit ones placed opposite each other on the color wheel. Web design offers a number of other areas where contrast is applicable. Designers look at different sizes, textures and shapes to define and draw attention to certain sections of the web site.
- Emphasis: We touched on this a bit when discussing contrast. Emphasis is a design principles based on the intentional “highlighting” of certain necessary components of the web site layout. It’s necessary to notice that if you emphasize everything on the page you finish up emphasizing nothing.
- Consistency: This is also called repetition or rhythm. It is a very important web design principle. If your site is consistent, then it can provide the best user experience.
- Unity – Unity is that the relationship between the various elements of the web site layout and also the composition as a whole. Unity deals with how the human brain visually organizes data by grouping elements into classes.
Web developers, typically referred to as programmers, take the design created and build a completely functioning web site. to put it (very) simply, consider the design as a non-interactive “picture” of a web site. Developers take that design and break it up into it’s elements. They then either use simply html or a more dynamic approach incorporating programming languages like PHP to develop the various web site pages.0