10 Tips to Make your Computer Secure: As technology advanced, it’s became so hard to protect our PC from Hackers, Virus and other Online Threats. It is really essential to take right actions to protect our computer from various threats encountered online these days. Most of them think that they are protected if they have antivirus software installed on their computer, but that is not enough to keep your computer safe. In this article, I am going to discuss few points to make your computer secure.
1. Keep Your Firewall Turned On
-Windows Firewall or any other firewall program will help you to keep your computer safe from malicious software. It will block viruses, worms, and hackers that attempt to connect to your system.
2. Install best Antivirus and Update it daily
– Antivirus software is really must for every computer. It prevents malicious programs like viruses, Trojans, worms that tries to embed on your computer. If it detects any of these malicious programs, it will take immediate action to delete it or remove it from the infected file. And it is really essential to keep the antivirus up-to date and also scan the full system regularly.
3. Keep Your Operating System Up to Date
-Every computer operating systems releases security updates to help computer from viruses and other computer attacks. So make sure the computer is running on the latest protection.
4. Choose a secure web browser
-There are so many browsers available today, but it’s quite difficult to choose the best web browser which is most secure. In most of the cases, malwares will come through web browser. In my opinion, Google chrome is the most secure browser and has a sandbox feature.
5. Install Encryption Software
– An encryption software can keep your data secure with the help of password. My personal recommendation is to use “Folder lock” which is very helpful software that lock files and folders with encryption, online backup & portable data security.
6. Use strong password for login
-Creating a simple password is not at all a good idea to make your computer secure. This makes it way easier for a hacker to get into your computer. So always create a complex password for your system with numbers, upper case characters, symbols etc.
7. Be Careful what you download
-Never open or download an email attachment from strangers, because it may contains advanced malicious items that can harm your computer very easily. Viruses do not only exist in email attachments but also it can be in songs, images, videos etc.
8. Delete unknown emails
-If you receive any mail from unwanted people, never bother to open the mail, just delete it.
9. Clear your Internet cache and browsing history
-Every browser stores the browsing history or the information that you have submitted to other sites. It is fine if you are using your personal computer, but clear the history if it is a public computer.
10. Do not use the USB devices that other people give
– Because they could be infected with malicious programs. So if you want to use the USB urgently, first format it to make the USB device virus free.0